2019 RAM 1500 Towing Features
The 2019 RAM 1500 towing capacity isn’t the product of raw power alone. Although its available engine options and drivetrain configurations certainly offer impressive capabilities, this year’s RAM 1500 towing features are designed to help you work smarter, and not just harder. Here are the components that will let you pull out all the stops on your Marrero or Gretna job site:
- High-Strength Steel Frame: Over 98% of the RAM 1500 body has been composed of high-strength steel. This dependable material allows the RAM to stand up to increased pressure, and to overcome challenges that would cause others to shrink back.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: Navigating the job site becomes a whole lot easier when you can take advantage of a Blind Spot Monitoring System with Rear Cross Path detection. The system even detects the length of your trailer, and takes this factor into account when delivering warnings.
- eTorque Mild Hybrid System: In this model year, RAM has replaced the traditional alternator with a 48-volt battery-powered, belt-driven motor generator. The result is a hybrid pickup truck that’s able to offer more power and a better drive on the roads of Belle Chasse.
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: The new TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission has been designed to improve the RAM 1500 towing capability by finding optimal shift points automatically. It also delivers a smoother, more enjoyable ride.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: 14.9-inch brakes make the RAM 1500 better at stopping quickly than other members of its class. Whether you’re carrying a trailer or not, you’ll enjoy greater piece of mind on New Orleans streets.
- Class-Exclusive Active Level™ Suspension: The Active Level™ Four Corner Air Suspension system picks up your vehicle when you need more clearance, and automatically lowers in order to reduce drag at highway speed. A new aerodynamic design and an active air dam keep the wind from working against you when you’re hauling heavy cargo.
RAM 1500 Towing Specifications
Now that you’ve had the chance to explore the 2019 RAM 1500 towing features, we’re sure that there will be one big question on your mind: how much can the RAM 1500 tow? The RAM 1500 towing specs depend on the engine you select for your model, but no option is anything less than impressive, giving the RAM 1500 greater towing than competitors like the Chevy Silverado 1500:
- The 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with eTorque allows the RAM 1500 to tow up to 7,730 pounds.
- The Pentastar® produces 205 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque.
- With the 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine, you’ll have a maximum towing capacity of 11,610 pounds.
- The HEMI® produces up to 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque.
- The most powerful option is a 5.7L HEMI® Engine with eTorque, which lets you tow up to 12,750 pounds.
- The HEMI® with eTorque also generates 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque.
The maximum RAM 1500 payload ranges from 2,100 pounds to 2,300 pounds depending on which trim you select.
Test Out the 2019 RAM 1500 Towing Features at Ray Brandt Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
By the numbers, there’s no denying that this pickup truck has a lot to offer Harvey drivers. However, if you really want to understand the RAM 1500 towing features and specs, you’ll need to experience them for yourself! Contact us today to test drive the new RAM 1500 you’ve been searching for. If you’re curious about our other trucks, take a look at the 2020 Jeep Gladiator trim levels, Gladiator specs, or compare the 2019 RAM 1500 vs. RAM 2500!
What Else Do We Love About RAM?
The 2020 RAM 1500 towing capacity tops out at 12,750 pounds! That’s a Best-in-Class V8 Engine tow rating, but it’s not the only reason that Marrero’s hard-working drivers are lining up to see what it can do. This powerful light-duty pickup truck offers four different powertrains and a whole suite of safety and performance features,…
Pickup trucks haven’t always been known for great fuel economy, but the RAM 1500 gas mileage ratings are causing some drivers to reevaluate old assumptions. For 2020, the RAM 1500 offers best-in-class diesel fuel economy, as well as best-in-class 4×4 fuel economy as standard. With the right equipment, the RAM 1500 fuel economy tops out…
The RAM 1500 was fully redesigned for 2019, but that hasn’t stopped it’s engineers from introducing numerous updates for the new model year. So, what are the 2020 RAM 1500 changes? In short, there are new aesthetic upgrades for the Laramie and Big Horn models, new standard features and options on the Rebel trim, and…
The 2019 All-New RAM 1500 blends form, function, and muscle seamlessly into one vehicle. This pickup truck boasts some of the most impressive performance specs and features in the industry, leading the charge with best-in-class towing, and then some! If you’re interested in the towing power, engine options, and other performance-based features of the…
The 2019 RAM 1500 towing capacity isn’t the product of raw power alone. Although its available engine options and drivetrain configurations certainly offer impressive capabilities, this year’s RAM 1500 towing features are designed to help you work smarter, and not just harder. Here are the components that will let you pull out all the stops…
The 2019 RAM 1500 interior features are proof that pickup drivers no longer have to settle for lackluster, cramped and uncomfortable cabins. Each RAM 1500 configuration comes full-to-bursting with advanced yet easy-to-use technologies, and this year’s model is more spacious, and better appointed, than ever before. It’s just as well-suited to hard work on the…