Get More Done with the 2020 RAM 1500’s Gas Mileage
Pickup trucks haven’t always been known for great fuel economy, but the RAM 1500 gas mileage ratings are causing some drivers to reevaluate old assumptions. For 2020, the RAM 1500 offers best-in-class diesel fuel economy, as well as best-in-class 4×4 fuel economy as standard. With the right equipment, the RAM 1500 fuel economy tops out at 22 mpg city, 32 mpg highway–and Marrero drivers have been quick to take notice.
RAM 1500 Fuel Economy by Drivetrain
The 2020 RAM 1500 is available with four different powertrains. Choose between the gas-powered V6, the EcoDiesel V6, or the classic HEMI V8, and push your numbers through the roof with eTorque.
We’ve broken down each of the 2020 RAM 1500 mpg ratings right here:
- 3.6L Pentastar V6 Engine with eTorque
- With 4×2: 20 mpg city / 25 mpg highway
- With 4×4: 19 mpg city / 24 mpg highway
- 3.0L EcoDiesel V6
- With 4×2: 22 mpg city / 32 mpg highway
- With 4×4: 21 mpg city / 29 mpg highway
- 5.7L HEMI V8 Engine
- With 4×2: 15 mpg city / 22 mpg highway
- With 4×4: 15 mpg city / 21 mpg highway
- 5.7L HEMI V8 Engine with eTorque
- With 4×2: 17 mpg city / 23 mpg highway
- With 4×4: 17 mpg city / 22 mpg highway
Did we mention that the ultra-efficient RAM 1500 EcoDiesel also earns a best-in-class diesel tow rating? Take an in-depth look at the RAM 1500 towing specs to learn more.
eTorque or EcoDiesel?
No matter which engine setup you choose, it’s easy to appreciate your RAM 1500 fuel economy. However, looking at the numbers above, you might be wondering about which engine is right for you!
We’ve put together a few notes on the eTorque mild-hybrid system and the newly-redesigned EcoDiesel engine, so you can make an easy decision:
- eTorque is a mild-hybrid system which simultaneously improves towing capacity and fuel economy. It combines the power produced by your engine with a 48-volt belt-driven motor, delivering significant bursts of extra torque when you need it.
- This year’s EcoDiesel engine is based on last year’s innovative offering, but since 80% of its parts are new, it’s even more impressive. With EcoDiesel and an available 33-gallon fuel tank, you can go more than 1,000 miles in between fill-ups. You’ll also achieve the highest RAM 1500 V6 towing specs.
As in last year’s model, a universally-standard TorqueFlite® eight-speed automatic transmission helps to optimize your shift points for power and efficiency. Models also offer an Active Air Dam or Active-Level™ Four-Corner Air Suspension in order to minimize drag on the highway.
Find the RAM 1500 for Sale at Ray Brandt Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram FIAT
Are you ready to experience everything the incredible 2020 RAM 1500 gas mileage specs in person? You’ll love how this leading light-duty pickup truck handles the roads near Biloxi, MS, so check out our new RAM 1500 inventory today!
More About the 2020 Ram 1500
The 2020 RAM 1500 towing capacity tops out at 12,750 pounds! That’s a Best-in-Class V8 Engine tow rating, but it’s not the only reason that Marrero’s hard-working drivers are lining up to see what it can do. This powerful light-duty pickup truck offers four different powertrains and a whole suite of safety and performance features,…
Pickup trucks haven’t always been known for great fuel economy, but the RAM 1500 gas mileage ratings are causing some drivers to reevaluate old assumptions. For 2020, the RAM 1500 offers best-in-class diesel fuel economy, as well as best-in-class 4×4 fuel economy as standard. With the right equipment, the RAM 1500 fuel economy tops out…
The RAM 1500 was fully redesigned for 2019, but that hasn’t stopped it’s engineers from introducing numerous updates for the new model year. So, what are the 2020 RAM 1500 changes? In short, there are new aesthetic upgrades for the Laramie and Big Horn models, new standard features and options on the Rebel trim, and…