How Much Can a 2020 RAM 1500 Tow?
The 2020 RAM 1500 towing capacity tops out at 12,750 pounds! That’s a Best-in-Class V8 Engine tow rating, but it’s not the only reason that Marrero’s hard-working drivers are lining up to see what it can do. This powerful light-duty pickup truck offers four different powertrains and a whole suite of safety and performance features, so you can tackle any challenge with ease!
How much can a RAM 1500 tow in its base configuration, or with the available EcoDiesel V6? We’ve got all the answers you need.
2020 RAM 1500 Towing Capacity by Engine
Although this truck comes still comes standard with the class-exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed AT and upper towing limit of the 2019 model, there are a number of important changes to this year’s RAM 1500 engine lineup. Most notably, we now offer the redesigned and optimized EcoDiesel V6, which now earns the highest diesel tow rating in the class.
Here’s what you should know before you hook up a trailer and head out on the roads of Gretna or New Orleans:
- 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine
- 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque
- Maximum towing capacity: 7,730 pounds
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine
- 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque
- Maximum towing capacity: 11,610 pounds
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine
- 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque
- Maximum towing capacity: 12,750 pounds.
- 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 Engine
- 260 hp and 480 lb-ft of torque
- Maximum towing capacity: 12,560 pounds
How much can a RAM 1500 tow with your favorite engine? More than enough to get the job done! Although there’s a lot to get excited about in the new year, drivers who came here looking for those classic Dodge RAM 1500 towing capacity specs are sure to drive home feeling satisfied.
2020 RAM 1500 Towing Capacity vs. Rivals
Last year, we showed you many of the unique features that make the RAM such a formidable light-duty workhorse. The TorqueFlite® Transmission, largest-in-class brakes, and eTorque Mild Hybrid System all make their return in 2020, along with Class-Exclusive Active Level™ Suspension for easy loading.
Still, our Marrero-area neighbors may be wondering: how well does the RAM 1500 fare against rivals like the Ford F-150 and the Chevrolet Silverado 1500?
- 2020 RAM 1500 vs. Ford F-150 – The upper towing limits of the RAM 1500 and the Ford F-150 are only roughly 500 pounds apart. Although the Ford has an edge with its gas-powered V6, the RAM wins out by more than 1,000 pounds in both V8 towing and diesel towing.
- 2020 RAM 1500 vs. Chevrolet Silverado – The upper towing limit of the Silverado is also slightly higher than that achieved by the RAM 1500. However, the RAM 1500 can tow over 2,000 pounds more than the Chevy, when we’re comparing their diesel engine options.
If you want a pickup truck that combines capability, convenience, and fuel efficiency, you’ll need to opt for the RAM 1500! Want to reach that maximum towing capacity? Check out our new diesel truck inventory and start exploring your options today.
Test Drive the 2020 RAM 1500 at Ray Brandt Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram FIAT in Harvey!
Now that you’ve seen the RAM 1500 towing capacity, we know that you’ll be eager to get behind the wheel! No other truck offers the same balance of power and luxury as the new RAM 1500 for sale at Ray Brandt Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram FIAT, and we know you’ll agree once you’ve gotten behind the wheel.
More About the 2020 Ram 1500
The 2020 RAM 1500 towing capacity tops out at 12,750 pounds! That’s a Best-in-Class V8 Engine tow rating, but it’s not the only reason that Marrero’s hard-working drivers are lining up to see what it can do. This powerful light-duty pickup truck offers four different powertrains and a whole suite of safety and performance features,…
Pickup trucks haven’t always been known for great fuel economy, but the RAM 1500 gas mileage ratings are causing some drivers to reevaluate old assumptions. For 2020, the RAM 1500 offers best-in-class diesel fuel economy, as well as best-in-class 4×4 fuel economy as standard. With the right equipment, the RAM 1500 fuel economy tops out…
The RAM 1500 was fully redesigned for 2019, but that hasn’t stopped it’s engineers from introducing numerous updates for the new model year. So, what are the 2020 RAM 1500 changes? In short, there are new aesthetic upgrades for the Laramie and Big Horn models, new standard features and options on the Rebel trim, and…