What is the Difference Between the All-New Ram 1500 and the Ram 1500 Classic?
Gretna truck enthusiasts will now find they have two options to choose from: the All-New RAM 1500 and the RAM 1500 Classic. While this is exciting news for drivers, this also has them wondering the difference between the two models. Today we are comparing the most noteworthy differences in price, performance, capability, and features of these two RAM trucks.
Price and Features
Shoppers on a budget will find the RAM 1500 Classic offer a lower entry-level price point than the All-New RAM 1500:
- RAM 1500 Classic MSRP: $27,295
- All-New RAM 1500 MSRP: $34,595
That said, the All-New RAM model includes available features missing on the classic like the Largest-In-Class 12-Inch Uconnect Touchscreen and a Harman Kardon® Premium Audio System.
Engine Options and Power
One key concern for truck drivers hitting the Marrero roadways is having the right engine power to deliver the performance they are looking for. Engines and Specs for these RAM trucks include:
All-New RAM 1500
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine which delivers a maximum of 295 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with eTorque which creates a maximum of 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine with eTorque boasts a maximum of 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque
Current RAM 1500 Classic
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 which features a maximum of 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine which churns out a maximum of 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque
Towing and Payload
Both models share the impressive capabilities that RAM trucks are known for, but the All-New RAM 1500 boasts the best towing and payload specs for drivers in need of serious hauling power:
- Maximum Towing Capacity: The All-New RAM 1500 tows up to 12,750 lbs while the RAM 1500 Classic can pull 10,710 lbs.
- Maximum Payload Capacity: Haul up to 2,300 lbs with the All-New RAM 1500 or up to 1,920 lbs with the RAM 1500 Classic.
Drive Both RAM 1500 Models at Ray Brandt Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram FIAT
Not sure which is the right RAM 1500 truck for you? Compare the all-new RAM 1500 to the Ford F-150 or the Silverado 1500, or test drive both the all-new version and the Classic at our Harvey showroom. The associates at Ray Brandt Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram FIAT can show you all the differences in person and help you zero in on the best your best option!
More From Ray Brandt Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram FIAT
The 2019 Jeep Wrangler is a favorite among Marrero drivers for its off-road capability, manual and automatic transmissions, and versatile cabin. Of course, the Jeep Wrangler interior includes all the features you’d expect to find in an off-roading SUV, like a soft top and grab handles. But what else does it offer? Read on to…
Many Jeep fanatics from Marrero to Biloxi, MS and beyond have been patiently waiting for the 2020 Jeep Gladiator. So now that it’s ready for you to take home from our new model inventory, it’s time for you to choose your favorite trim level! Discover the trim level that offers the 2020 Jeep Gladiator price, features,…
With the help of one of four high-performance engines, your 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee can reach a maximum towing capacity of 7,200 pounds. Learn more about each engine option and explore the Grand Cherokee’s convenient towing features, below! New Grand Cherokee Inventory2019 Grand Cherokee Overview How Much Can the Grand Cherokee Tow? When you opt…